Wednesday, March 07, 2007

You Were From A Perfect World [a world that took me away from today]

Yes, I did die, but no worries, I received a [Raise] III :)

So Japan is wonderful! The island I'm on (Okinawa) is beautiful; the weather is beautiful, the scenery is beautiful, the culture is beautiful. Too many beautifuls? Too bad, no other words are quite as beautiful as beautiful. It also helps that I can share my times here with others; I've met many gnarly people here, good people who will have your back.

AR (aircraft recovery) is an amazing change from working Langley flightline. I feel as if I've transfered from the marines to the air force. Hell, I just had a lunch break. Sure, it wasn't an hour lunch break, but I actually get to eat lunch on a daily basis. It's an amazing concept, I know. In all seriousness, though, I actually like what I do and I don't dread going to work every single day. It's a small shop, which I'm def. not used to. All of the people here are all pretty close to each other, and I haven't noticed any drama at work. THAT is def. is a new concept to me; I've always thought drama was a prereq. for working in maintanence.

The island, as mentioned above, it absolutely beautiful. The barn I was at yesterday (more on that below) is right on the beach. Crystal blue water, colorful (and sharp) coral, reminds me of Bermuda. I really need to take more pictures here, but I have been so distracted, taking in all of the scenery. So I promise I will take more pictures... I've been really lazy with pictures as of late, esp. with Lisa. Sorry babe.

There are arcades littered all around the island. We have all the new arcade games, most of which aren't in the states yet. I recently beat the newest House of the Dead and Time Crisis (5 iirc).

Oh, and I purchased a Japanese PS3. You can set the ps3 menu language to English, and Japanese/English PS3's can play both Japanese/English games. Blu-Ray is region free, unlike DVD :) So, for the $600.00 PS3 system (fully upgraded system) in the states, a $60.00 game, and a $50.00 controller, I paid $607.00. See, the PS3 here is 59,959 Yen, which is actually A LOT less than $600.00. Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I have Call of Duty 3 and NBA2k7 for online games, so if anyone wishes to receive a glass of pwnage, feel free to let me know and we'll rock out. Oh, and the Japanese game I bought is the new Gundam game, aptly named Gundam Musou. Ever play Dynasty Warriors? It is EXACTLY the same game, except the chinamen are mecha and the Chinese countryland is space/cities/etc. Yeah, the game fucking rocks. So addicting... Heero pwns all of the MS pilots. Word.

As for the time difference, I'm in a GMT +9 zone. Also, we have no daylight savings time, so the time difference is going to be all sorts of fucked up come Sunday.

Can't call me anymore? Derr, I cut my phone line. I do have a sleu of messengers, a web cam, and a mic. So feel free to contact me in any way you deem fit.

AIM: AFinalmike
Y!: Finalmikelafb
MSN: Finalmike@msn.com
Opentalklive: Panera
Myspace: www.myspace.com/finalmike
Facebook: USAF network.

I've many others as well, so just tell me what you use and I'll hop on.

Wanna mail me free stuff? Letters? Used panties?

SrA Michael Murphy
18th EMS
PSC 80 Box 22137
APO AP 96367-0106

Yeah, no mail bombs, please. Anthrax is ok though!

Updates to my Grant Miller-inspired series soon.

Oh, about the barn, mentioned above... I've started to volunteer at a Hippotherapy program at a barn in Yomitan. Hippotherapy is a physical, occupational and speech therapy treatment strategy that utilizes equine movement. This particular program focuses on young children with disabilities. Autism, Spectrum Disorders, Cerebral palsy, Cerebral vascular accident (stroke), Developmental delay, Down syndrome, Functional spinal curvature (scoliosis), Learning or language disabilities, Multiple Sclerosis, Sensory integrative dysfunction, and Traumatic brain injury are the main disabilities we deal with. The kids are between 1 and 5, but that is just currently; in the past, kids up to 12 have participated. The kids are adorable, and it's actually really fun playing with them. Read the wiki explanation, it's pretty short but informative. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippotherapy

So the other volunteers, physical therapists, and the barn owner were all impressed with my knowledge and skill with riding and handling of the horses, so they want me to tame and train a currently pissed off horse, Pepper. She is really pissy and loves to bit and pin those ears down. She was actually a show horse, so she is in very good shape and actually rides wonderfully. Very strong (psysical and will haha), gorgeous color too (I say she looks like a dalmation). She was apparently a very sweet gal at one time, but due to her owners husband being deployed frequently and her having to take care of the kids, Pepper was borderline ignored. The barn owner feeds them all everyday, of course, but she just didn't have a lot of attention. So, Pepper is now a pissed off gal. I worked with her a little bit on Wednesday, and I do believe there is hope for her! She is an amazing ride (shut up perverts) and just needs some TLC. Updates on my progress will be had.

Updates, updates, updates! I will be posting more often now that I'm all settled in and comfortable with my surroundings. Pictures, too, I swear.

1 comment:

OceanSol said...

(You and your strange titles) SoI finally get to read it! First of all, what's up with the panty thing? You're terrible, lol. And be careful, you might show your soft side with those hippotherapy kids:)